Covid-19/Return to Play Info
Covid-19 has had a huge impact on local community sports organizations. In 2020 we were able to successfully run a modified season with no contact or competition, but were able to work on core skills, while remaining active during these unprecedented times. We had zero cases in our 2020 season, which we are extremely proud of. We had enhanced cleaning protocols and adjusted our training plans, group size and schedules to ensure we were following the guidelines set out by Rugby Ontario and Peel Public Health.
The Mississauga Blues have been approved for Return to Play (RTP) in the 2021 season.
We are required to run our programming while following Rugby Ontario’s Return to Play and Rugby Canada’s Return to Play plans, in addition to the province and the Peel Region’s guidelines. This means that we may have to adjust our numbers in groups, times of training or activities that are allowed.
Actions we’ve taken to keep you safe:
- Coaches and administrators have taken the World Rugby covid training course.
- Assigned two covid safety coordinators - Lesley and Natalie
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Developed training programs that maintains physical distancing
- Developed documents including:
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Safety Plan
- Emergency Response Plan with COVID addendum
- Emergency Action Plan
Requirements for a safe return to play
- Registration - All participants must be registered prior to attending any in-person rugby activities.
- Attestation of all Participants - Players will be required to login to Sportlomo and complete an attestation form before each training session.
- Attendance Tracking - Upon arrival, you will be required to check in with the covid safety coordinator so we can confirm you are registered and have completed the attestation.
- Physically Distanced Training - While we are in Rugby Phase 2 we will be limited to 100 participants, 2m distance maintained and non-contact activities.
- Spectators - We request spectators stay at home in an effort to minimize the number of people at the field. For those at the field, physical distancing will be enforced.
The current 2021 registration fees do not currently include contact. We will upgrade memberships when we are approved for contact.
Below are the non-contact registration fees for the 2021 season:
2009 - 2010
2007 – 2008
2005 – 2006
2003 – 2004
Senior Men/Women (U19)
Senior Men / Women
Born on or before 31-12-2001
We understand not everyone will be comfortable returning to rugby just yet, but we look forward to the time when we get to see you again!